6 large eggs
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 small sweet potato, cut into small cubes
½ teaspoon dried thyme
¼ cup red capsicum, diced
100g prosciutto, chopped
1 loose cup baby spinach, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a muffin pan and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, salt and pepper until blended. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
2. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and onions and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until onions are golden. Add the sweet potatoes and thyme. Cover and cook for 8 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to soften. Add the capsicum and cook 4 minutes more. Stir in the prosciutto. Add the spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, until wilted. Lastly, add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
3. Spoon the vegetable mixture into the muffin pan, distributing it evenly. Top every one with 3-4 tablespoons of the egg and cheese mixture. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned.
1. Put 4 cups grated beetroot, sugar and balsamic vinegar into a heavy-based saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture comes to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 mins or until liquid has almost evaporated. Add the salt. Stand for 10 mins before spooning into a sterilised jar. When cool, screw on lid. This can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 4 mins each side until cooked through. Remove and keep warm. Cook mushrooms for 2 mins each side or until softened.
3. Place bun bases onto serving plates. Top with lettuce, tomato and a pattie. Place a mushroom onto each and sprinkle with cheese. Finish with a dollop of beetroot relish and hamburger bun tops. Serve immediately.
• 12 chicken legs
• 1 pound Jimmy Dean® bacon
• 2 cups sweet chili sauce (more if needed)
• 1 cup prepared sweet chili sauce
• ½ cup finely chopped mango
• ½ cup finely chopped pineapple
• ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
• juice from one lime
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. rinse and pat dry chicken legs
3. wrap each chicken leg with one slice of bacon
4. place bacon wrapped legs on baking dish
5. brush each bacon wrapped leg liberally with sweet chili sauce
6. place in oven for 15 minutes
7. remove from oven and brush with sweet chili sauce, return to oven for 10 additional minutes
8. *place under the broiler for 5 more minutes if you want the legs extra crispy
9. In a small bowl add chopped pineapple, mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1 cup sweet chili sauce.
10. blend together well and serve with chicken legs.