• 12 chicken legs
• 1 pound Jimmy Dean® bacon
• 2 cups sweet chili sauce (more if needed)
• 1 cup prepared sweet chili sauce
• ½ cup finely chopped mango
• ½ cup finely chopped pineapple
• ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
• juice from one lime
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. rinse and pat dry chicken legs
3. wrap each chicken leg with one slice of bacon
4. place bacon wrapped legs on baking dish
5. brush each bacon wrapped leg liberally with sweet chili sauce
6. place in oven for 15 minutes
7. remove from oven and brush with sweet chili sauce, return to oven for 10 additional minutes
8. *place under the broiler for 5 more minutes if you want the legs extra crispy
9. In a small bowl add chopped pineapple, mango, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and 1 cup sweet chili sauce.
10. blend together well and serve with chicken legs.
The Dijon mustard adds a tang that brings this dish to the next level!
Preheat the oven to 200C. Season the cavity with sea salt and cracked pepper.
Peel and quarter 4 washed potatoes and 4 large pieces of pumpkin. Then place both into the roasting pan.
Prepare the Dijon mixture by whisking together lemon juice, Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff the squeezed lemons into the cavity and tie the legs together with kitchen string.
Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and coat with the Dijon mixture. Add ½ cup of water (or chicken stock) to the bottom of the pan.
Bake for 1 hour. Add the baby broccoli and asparagus and baste the chicken and the veggies with pan juices. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the juices run clear when the chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
NOTE: As the chicken roasts, add the vegetables depending on their thickness and cook time. Potatoes, carrots and onions can take the heat but sliced broccoli and asparagus should go nearly at the end. Serve your succulent chicken and spring vegetables with some baked IGA Dinner Rolls and white wine for the perfect meal.