I don’t condone pirating videos, music, pictures or anything else. I think you should have a look at this and form your own opinion. Just possibly the videos should be sent to the soldiers by the license holders. Just a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!
“Meet Hyman Strachman, probably the nation’s most patriotic movie pirate.
For the past eight years the 92-year-old widowed World War II veteran has sent hundreds of thousands of illegal copies of movies free to soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. He burned the DVDs at his apartment on Long Island, knowing full well he was breaking the law, he told The New York Times. He is considered a hero in the eyes of the troops.” Huffington Post.
Source: STOP. Read this. | Humor 163.
- At 92, Movie Bootlegger Is Soldiers’ Hero| NYTimes.com (hotchocolateandbooks.wordpress.com)
- 92-Year-Old DVD Bootlegger is a Hero to U.S. Soldiers (newsfeed.time.com)
- Well, That’s One Way to Stay Busy… (elderlysecurity.com)
- At 92, movie DVD bootlegger is soldiers’ hero (mercurynews.com)
- Nonagenarian Pirate Spends His Days Sending Thousands of Bootleg DVDs to Troops Overseas [Hero] (gawker.com)
- At 92, a Bandit to Hollywood but a Hero to Soldiers (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- The Jewish war veteran and the pirate DVD collection (thejc.com)
- This 92-Year-Old WWII Vet is Hollywood’s Most Reviled Bootlegger (betabeat.com)
- A Bandit to Hollywood but a Hero to Soldiers (readingbyeugene.com)
- The bootlegging veteran (kottke.org)