You have to watch this! Click on full screen if you have the gear.
What do I say just other than to quote the authors:
This short time lapse film was shot during the Icelandic Midnight Sun in June of 2011.
For 17 days I travelled solo around the entire island shooting almost 24 hours, sleeping in the car, and eating whenever I had the time. During my days shooting this film I shot 38,000 images, travelled some 2900 miles, and saw some of the most amazing, beautiful, and indescribable landscapes on the planet. Iceland is absolutely one of the most beautiful and unusual places you could ever imagine. Especially during the Midnight Sun when the quality of light hitting the landscape is very unusual, and very spectacular.
Iceland is a landscape photographers paradise and playground, and should be number 1 on every photographers must visit list. Iceland during the Midnight Sun is in sort of a permanent state of sunset. The sun never full sets and travels horizontally across the horizon throughout the night, as can be seen in the opening shot and at the :51 second mark in the video.
During the Arctic summer, sunset was at midnight and sunrise was at 3am. The Arctic summer sun provided 24 hours a day of light, with as much as 6 hours daily of “Golden light”. Once the sun had set it wouldn’t even get dark enough for the stars to come out, and they don’t start to reappear until August.
My advice to everyone out there, photographer or not, is simple… You MUST visit Iceland sometime during your lifetime. You will never regret it.”
Watch the video and click on the links, brilliant.
- Video Of The Day: Midnight Sun Shines In Iceland (gadling.com)
- Land of the Midnight Sun (apostcardaday.blogspot.com)
- Time lapse of the midnight Sun (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Iceland, Unfiltered: A Candid Look Beyond the Guidebook (twotravelaholics.wordpress.com)
- Stunning Time-Lapse Video Offers Another Reason To Move To Iceland Right Now (businessinsider.com)
- I Live in the Land of the Midnight Sun (jthorsson.com)
- Icelandair offers geothermal spa experience with self drive tour in Iceland (icenews.is)
- Gold holidays: Volcanic eruptions and golf under the Midnight Sun in Iceland (dailymail.co.uk)
- Iceland: Living with Volcanoes (lightbox.time.com)